Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

My birthday will officially be over in a few minutes as I write this post. I turned the big 30 today and honestly don't feel any different than I did yesterday. I remember when I was a kid I thought that 30 was so old, but now that the big milestone is here I find it really hard to believe that I'm actually 30. I still feel like such a kid at times! I will say that I have learned a lot in my short 30 years. There have been plenty of ups and downs in my life so far that I feel have prepared me for whatever is to come.

I had a great day today. The sun was shining as I drove to a friends house to take some pics of her little boy (such a cutie!) and to hang out for a bit. I received a ton of birthday wishes from friends and family...thank you! For the most part I had a pretty relaxed and low-key day.

Ian surprised me with an iPod as my birthday gift! 


I have been wanting one for a while and quickly filled it up with music from my iTunes library. I draw a lot of inspiration from music. Aside from photography, music has been a huge love in my life ever since I was a kid. I love to sing at the top of my lungs in my car on warm Summer days with the windows rolled down. At home I attempt to play the guitar but I prefer to have someone else play while I sing:) I even did the whole Canadian Idol thing a few years ago and made it quite far (but I'll save that story for another post). I love how certain music can take you back to a specific time or place. I love that music has the ability to stir emotions. I just plain old love music and can't imagine it not being a part of my every day life.

What have I been listening to lately? A better question would be "What don't I listen to?" For those of you interested, the following are a few songs already loaded on my new iPod and in my "favorites" list.


I have been shooting a lot lately and will have tons of photos to share soon! I apologize for being such a bad blogger and hope to post more often in the future. For now, I invite you to check out some of my favorite music from which I draw inspiration daily. I would love to hear what you are all listening to! I am always interested in checking out new music so share some of your faves in the comments!!

Patricia

No comments: