Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trash the Dress and Portrait Photography Session

I do not normally enjoy crawling out of bed at 5:30am to start my day. But when I'm getting up that early to head out for a photo session it's different. My assistant (Ian Young), makeup artist (Lina Hussein) and I drove to Kingston, Nova Scotia for a photo session with the beautiful Kristina Kozera. We planned on doing some "trash the dress" wedding images and standard portraits of Kristina with a few different makeup looks and wardrobe changes. The hours passed quickly and we ran out of time to do some of the shots that we had planned, but we ended up with some great images that I really like. I only have a few edited images to share so far but there will be more soon! I also snapped a lot of behind the scenes images which I will be sharing soon. We are planning a second shoot for the near future to try out some of the other ideas that we had and I'm really looking forward to it. Kingston is absolutely beautiful and we found so many locations to work with during this session for our next one.

Thank you Ian, Lina and Kristina for all of your hard work on these images. It was such a pleasure to work with all of you and I'm really looking forward to our next session. Also, a big thanks to Debbie for all of the jewelry that Kristina is wearing in the images. Debbie's beautiful handmade beaded jewelry really finished off the outfits and the look that we were striving for. As soon as Debbie has a website up and running I will post a link. I'm sure that you'll all want to buy some of her jewelry!

Patricia



3 comments:

mobyone said...

hey patricia: just wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of my daughter kristina. i am hoping someday i can get a wall portrait of her! take care...maureen burke

mobyone said...

hey patricia: my name is maureen burke and i am very proud to say that i am kristina's mom...i live in sydney and enjoy all the pictures that you take of her...sorry for the hacker!! some people are just mean like that...i am looking forward in the future to see more pictures of my daughter...you have taken such good care of her...she is one beautful girl...i am hoping someday i can get a wall portrait of her...take care and keep on doing what you are doing...you take awesome pictures...until next time...maureen

Patricia Sampson said...

Hi maureen. Thank you so much for the nice comments! It is easy to take photos of a girl as beautiful Kristina :) She is one of those rare individuals that are beautiful both inside and out!! You will definitely be seeing more photos of her in the future because she is one of my favorite people to photograph. When Kristina and I first met we connected right away and quickly became friends. She has such a kind heart and good soul...you really should be proud to be her mom! Thanks again for checking out some of my photos and for the kind words :)