Monday, May 26, 2008

Laurence Dewolfe Portrait Photography Session

I was contacted by Laurence a few weeks ago and he informed me that he was looking at having a few photos taken of himself. Laurence required a head shot for his employer and he wanted something a little bit different than a standard head shot. As soon as I read that he wanted something different I knew that this session would be right up my alley. We met and discussed session options and decided pretty much right away that the session should take place outdoors. I absolutely love doing portrait sessions outdoors in natural light! Laurence also informed me during our meeting that this would be a good time for him to have some natural photos taken of himself at this point in time. He has been making a lot of changes in his life (getting in shape, going to the gym etc.) and what better way to document this than with a few photos!

We met early one chilly morning at the park and I started firing off frames of Laurence just being himself in various environments. The lighting was perfect and we shared a few good laughs during our time together.

I always suggest to clients that they should bring a few changes of clothes to their session to add a variety of looks to their images. Laurence chose his wardrobe selections perfectly! Starting out in a dressier outfit for the portrait for his employer, Laurence changed his outfit a few times as we worked and he ended up with a good variety of images to choose from in the end. These images are a good example of the amount of different looks that are possible in one session.











Thank you for a wonderful portrait session Laurence!
Patricia

No comments: