Thursday, April 10, 2008

Best Friends Forever

Kathleen came into the studio a few weeks ago for some graduation photos. Her best friend Jess accompanied her (for moral support of course!) and I absolutely loved the connection between these two girls! The jokes, the teasing, the giggling and laughing....it all made for a great session. At one point I asked Kathleen if she'd like a few pics taken with her friend Jess. Of course the answer was "Sure!!". These girls seem to have such a wonderful relationship and I think that it really shows in the few images that I captured of them.





I am so happy to be able to provide the girls with these images. Friendship is such an amazing relationship to have with someone, and to have images that document this type of friendship is priceless. One of the reasons that I became a photographer was to be able to document moments in time and the relationships that we share with one another....as friends, lovers, parents and siblings.

These images of Kathleen and Jess make me so happy, but a little sad at the same time. My best friend of 22 years passed away three years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and miss her. Losing her was my wake up call as to how incredibly short life can be. Paula and I were like sisters. We met when we were five years old and grew together as little girls into women. We had a sisterly love....we fought over silly things just as often as we'd buy new shoes! But we would call each other the next day and it was just like we had never argued about anything in the first place :) After Paula's accident I realized just how much I wanted to live my life to the fullest and do the things that truly made me happy. I always regret that Paula and I did not have any recent photos taken together before she passed away, but I will never forget her smile, her laugh, her hugs and our friendship. I feel so blessed to have had her as my best friend for all the years that I did. Thank you P....for always being my biggest fan, always giving me a kick in the butt when I needed it and for just being you. I love and miss you every day.

Thank you so much Kathleen and Jess for a fun filled afternoon of picture taking. My time spent with you reminded me that I am truly doing what I am meant to be doing with my life.
Patricia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh Tricia :) it is soo nice to see you put sooo much passion in your work and the friendship between you and P really was allot like what it shows in these 2 young woman :)

beautiful pics hun you go!!

Patricia Sampson said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Amanda! I really appreciate it :)